Lucky me! This was the second play space I have helped to create for Evie and John. The first in their old home, and this new space in the finished basement of their new home. Their parents were keen to create a space where both kids would want to play independently/together, without the need for constant parental supervision or help. They wanted this space to be the main hub for toys, and a place that the kids’ friends could run amok and have fun in.
The rundown when I arrived:
- The space had been freshly painted white to help brighten the mostly windowless room, painters tape still needed to come down.
- There was a large dresser in the space that was slated to be sold.
- There was a gorgeous pile of artwork in need of displaying.
- More functional storage options were needed for toys/materials.
- The bunkbed was being underused and the top space used for storage.