I am a stay-home-parent to two little boys, but in a past life I was a preschool teacher/director/art teacher with my philosophy steeped in the Reggio Emilia approach. Setting up beautiful learning/play environments was one of my favorite parts of my job, so finding ways to continue this passion has been a joy.
I am using my skills and knowledge to help parents get their kid’s space and toys under control. I can:
- set up specific areas for children to play + learn + create
- advise on ways to bring in more natural and open-ended materials into their play
- create organization + storage so toys and materials have a home
- personal shop unique open-ended + budget friendly materials
- try to work with any budget
- create play spaces inside and out
- custom build pieces to fit your spaces (I am very lucky to have a wonderful husband who is insanely handy, and who works with me to create custom shelving, furniture, and other pieces for children)
I’m constantly amazed at 1) how many toys kids have, 2) how miserable it makes their parents, and 3) how little most of the toys are played with. Guys – you don’t have to be drowning in toys that drive you to the edge of insanity! It doesn’t take that much to get things in order and looking the way you wish it did. You probably have everything you need already and it just needs a little tweaking.